A pill is a solid dose form made up of excipients and active substances in the proper proportions. Form, shape, mass, width, hardness, dissolving and disintegration characteristics, and other fundamental elements of tablets vary. The production method, such as molded tablets or compressed tablets, can categorize the tablets.
Tablet Dosage Form Advantages:
- The advantages of using tablets are numerous. The benefits of the tablet can be classified as either user or production benefits.
- The aspect of production is where you can generate many medications at a low cost.
- Packaging and shipping the pills are inexpensive and straightforward.
- Tablets are pretty reliable.
Manufacturing of tablets:
Tablet manufacturer in India and design and production is a multi-stage process in which formulation experts guarantee that the right amount of therapeutic ingredient in the proper form is supplied at the right time, at the right place, and in the intended place while maintaining its chemical integrity.
Most medication compounds lack the characteristics necessary for seamless functioning from the feeder to a die of tablet crushers. As a result, they are pre-treated, either alone or in conjunction with appropriate excipients, to produce free-flowing granules suitable for tableting.
The primary objectives of the tablet manufacturing process are:
- To create tough and durable tablets to survive mechanical shock throughout production, packaging, shipping, dispensing, and use.
- To create tablets with consistent weight and pharmacological content.
- To create bioavailable tablets that meet the needs of the indication.
- To create tablets that will remain physically and chemically robust throughout time.
- To create tablets with a beautiful product identity devoid of tablet flaws.
These are the different objectives of the tablet manufacturer process.
Excipients with numerous uses in tablet formulation:
Not all excipients utilized in tablet formulation may be present in every tablet composition. Lactose, stearates, and microcrystalline cellulose are all typical ingredients in tablets. Binders or gelling fluid, chelating agents, excipients, lubricants, glidants, coloring agents, sweets, flavorings, adsorbent materials, and detergents are all excipients in use in tablet formulations.
One of the critical jobs of the quality assurance department in every medication manufacturing sector is quality control of tablets’ raw resources. Raw materials mentioned in relevant Pharmacopoeia monographs must undergo the tests specified in the monograph. Identification testing on single packages and containers and content determination in mixtures are frequently sufficient.
Every producer can do additional testing if they believe it is required to ensure a smooth production or a high-quality product. They are released only after the quality of the starting materials has been established or determined satisfactorily. Raw materials that do not pass the quality assurance test are discarded and sent back to the source.
Coatings are applied to tablets and granules to hide the disagreeable taste or odor of a drug substance, improve the aesthetic value of uncoated pills, and change or control the release of a drug product from tablets. The central tablet or granules are encased or covered with coating solutions and layers.